The Blue Coat Certified PacketShaper Administrator (BCPSA) course is intended for students who want to use new PacketShaper features that deliver integrated visibility, control and compression capabilities in a single appliance. The Blue Coat PacketShaper course is the first level of training on the PacketShaper.
The goal of this course is to develop basic knowledge and skills sufficient to operate an installed PacketShaper on a daily basis. This instructor-led course provides an effective mix of operational theory and hands-on performance-based exercises, and is intended for individuals requiring basic operational knowledge and skills; i.e., network/system administrators responsible for daily management of PacketShaper.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Use and understand the PacketShaper product and its functionality and capabilities
- Classify traffic
- Analyze your network, application and host performance
The Blue Coat Certified PacketShaper Administrator (BCPSA) Course provides an effective mix of operational theory and hands-on performance-based exercises. It covers:
- Blue Coat Family of Products
- Blue Coat PacketShaper
- PacketShaper Licensing
- Initial PacketShaper Configuration
- PacketShaper GUI and CLI
- Understanding Applications on the Network
- Analyzing Applications on the Network
- Controlling Applications on the Network
- Maintaining PacketShaper
- Blue Coat Sky
- Students should be familiar with networking essentials, such as LAN, Internet, security, and IP protocols.
- Students will become Blue Coat Certified PacketShaper Administrators upon completing this course and passing the Prometric online exam.