This Building Web Applications with TypeScript, Angular, and React course packed with the right balance of theory and hands-on activities to help you take your TypeScript skills to the next level.
We will use TypeScript to build a weather forecast widget with Angular. We will then progress by building a note-taking client/server application using Angular, Node.js, and MongoDB. Finally, we will create a real-time chat application with React.
This course complies with instructional designing principles for all the 4 lessons. This will ensure that you frequently repeat and reinforce the knowledge you gain. Having been designed for the development of large applications, TypeScript is being widely incorporated into popular projects such as Angular.
Lesson 1: TypeScript Fundamentals
- Introduction to TypeScript
- Type Checking
- Advanced Type Analysis Features
- Comparing the Performance of Algorithms
Lesson 2: Building a Weather Forecast Widget with Angular 4
- Using Modules
- Creating the First Component
- Using the Component in Other Components
- Using the Main Component
Lesson 3: Note-Taking Client/Server App
- Setting up the Server
- Integrating with MongoDB
- Creating the Client-Side with Angular
Lesson 4: Real-Time Chat
- Setting up the Project
- Writing the Server
- Creating the Chat Room
No prior TypeScript knowledge is required.
For successful completion of this course, students will require computer systems with the following:
- Processor: 1.8 GHz or higher Pentium 4 (or equivalent)
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Hard disk: 10 GB
- A projector
- An internet connection
- Windows 7 or above.
- Visual Studio Code: https://code.visualstudio.com/
- You have to compile TypeScript in a terminal. On Windows, you can use Command Prompt and PowerShell.
- Node.js: https://nodejs.org/en/
- MongoDB Community Server: https://www.mongodb.com/download-center#atlas
Installation and Setup