In this CSM – Certified Scrum Master® course, you will acquire the skills needed to become a certified ScrumMaster and apply the foundations of Agile to Scrum to help your team work together more efficiently.
- Describe the Scrum Foundations
- Describe and define all Scrum Roles in a team and their responsibilities (ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team).
- Plan and conduct Scrum Meetings (Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, Sprint retrospective and release planning).
- Identify the Product Backlog as an ordered and emerging list of user needs.
- Define and understand Done (DoD).
- Describe the circumstances under which Burndown Charts are useful.
- Understand the basics of Scaling Scrum and work with multiple scrum teams.
Module 1: Introducing Agile Principles
Define Agile values and principles
Contrast Waterfall and Agile product-development philosophies
Confront the challenges of adopting Agile
Learn to set up cross-functional Agile teams
Module 2: Defining the Scrum Framework
- Define the core Scrum framework, team, artifacts, and ceremonies
- Adapt a traditional business process to Scrum
- Apply core Scrum values: focus, respect, commitment, openness, and courage
Module 3: Scrum Roles, Ceremonies, and Artifacts
- The three core Scrum roles: ScrumMaster, Product Owner, and Developer
- Core Scrum ceremonies, including holding the Print Planning meeting, hosting the Daily Scrum, leading Sprint Reviews, and more
- Core Scrum artifacts, including the Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, and the potentially shippable product increment
Module 4: Refining the Product Backlog
- Build, iterate, and continuously refine the Product Backlog
- Develop the Product Vision
- Compare iterative and incremental delivery
- Deconstruct Epics into features and stories
- Release products with minimal marketable features
Module 5: Estimating and Prioritizing Product Backlog Items
- Write user stories with the Connextra format
- Apply frameworks to focus user stories
- Develop products with progressive elaboration
- Define appropriate acceptance criteria
- Remove user stories when appropriate
Module 6: ScrumMaster Responsibilities to the Team
- Enforce the Scrum process
- Become an Agile coach for your ream
- Continuously improve your team
- Manage and reduce external dependencies
- Adopt best practices for software engineering