The CompTIA Project+┬ácourse will provide delegates with the essential knowledge and skills to either manage a project or be an effective, valuable member of the project team. It covers the fundamental steps in any project lifecycle and also addresses the necessary people skills such as effective negotiation, conflict resolution, leadership and team building.
Recommended as preparation for exam(s):
- This course is recommended on the preparation for CompTIA’s IT Project+ Certification exam (test no. PK0-004).
- Plan, baseline and control a project effectively.
- Understand how to identify, manage and control change throughout a project.
- Have an awareness of estimating and managing pitfalls.
- Understand methods of identifying and controlling risks.
- Pick up essential tools and disciplines.
- Make successful cost/schedule/performance trade-offs.
- Understand quality management and customer expectation management.
- Identify and control risks.
- Know why, when and how to report progress.
- Create schedules, manage resources, track and control project plans using Microsoft Project.
- Effectively lead & develop a project team.
- Communicate effectively and carry out dynamic presentations.
- Get win-win outcomes through assertiveness, empathy and principled negotiations.
- Practice principled negotiation and conflict resolution.
Lesson 1: Defining Project Management Fundamentals
Topic A: Identify Project Management Basics
Topic B: Describe the Project Life Cycle
Topic C: Identify Organizational Influences on Project Management
Topic D: Define Agile Methodology
Lesson 2: Initiating the Project
Topic A: Identify the Project Selection Process
Topic B: Prepare a Project SOW
Topic C: Create a Project Charter
Topic D: Identify Project Stakeholders
Lesson 3: Planning the Project
Topic A: Identify Project Management Plan Components
Topic B: Determine Stakeholder Needs
Topic C: Create a Scope Statement
Lesson 4: Preparing to Develop the Project Schedule
Topic A: Develop a WBS
Topic B: Create an Activity List
Topic C: Identify the Relationships Between Activities
Topic D: Identify Resources
Topic E: Estimate Time
Lesson 5: Developing the Project Schedule
Topic A: Develop a Project Schedule
Topic B: Identify the Critical Path
Topic C: Optimize the Project Schedule
Topic D: Create a Schedule Baseline
Lesson 6: Planning Project Costs
Topic A: Estimate Project Costs
Topic B: Estimate the Cost Baseline
Topic C: Reconcile Funding and Costs
Lesson 7: Planning Human Resources and Quality Management
Topic A: Create a Human Resource Plan
Topic B: Create a Quality Management Plan
Lesson 8: Communicating During the Project
Topic A: Identify Communication Methods
Topic B: Create a Communications Management Plan
Lesson 9: Planning for Risk
Topic A: Create a Risk Management Plan
Topic B: Identify Project Risks and Triggers
Topic C: Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
Topic D: Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
Topic E: Develop a Risk Response Plan
Lesson 10: Planning Project Procurements
Topic A: Collect Project Procurement Inputs
Topic B: Prepare a Procurement Management Plan
Topic C: Prepare Procurement Documents
Lesson 11: Planning for Change and Transitions
Topic A: Develop an Integrated Change Control System
Topic B: Develop a Transition Plan
Lesson 12: Executing the Project
Topic A: Direct the Project Execution
Topic B: Execute a Quality Assurance Plan
Topic C: Assemble the Project Team
Topic D: Develop the Project Team
Topic E: Manage the Project Team
Topic F: Distribute Project Information
Topic G: Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
Lesson 13: Executing the Procurement Plan
Topic A: Obtain Responses from Vendors
Topic B: Select Project Vendors
Lesson 14: Monitoring and Controlling Project Performance
Topic A: Monitor and Control Project Work
Topic B: Manage Project Changes
Topic C: Report Project Performance
Lesson 15: Monitoring and Controlling Project Constraints
Topic A: Control the Project Scope
Topic B: Control the Project Schedule
Topic C: Control Project Costs
Topic D: Manage Project Quality
Lesson 16: Monitoring and Controlling Project Risks
Topic A: Monitor and Control Project Risks
Lesson 17: Monitoring and Controlling Procurements
Topic A: Monitor and Control Vendors and Procurements
Topic B: Handling Legal Issues
Lesson 18: Closing the Project
Topic A: Deliver the Final Product
Topic B: Close Project Procurements
Topic C: Close a Project
Appendix A: CompTIA┬« Project+┬« PK0-004 Exam Objectives
This course is aimed at experienced project managers wishing to formalise their skills, project managers who, having learnt ‘on the job’ require formal training leading to certification and technical specialists and engineers who are working for a project manager.
Participants are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- Should either be currently working in a project-based environment or are planning to do so in the near future.
- Basic PC and Windows user skills are necessary for the successful completion of this course.