The Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads (AZ-120T00-A) course teach IT Professionals experienced in SAP solutions how to leverage Azure resources that include deployment and configuration of virtual machines, virtual networks, storage accounts, and Azure AD that includes implementing and managing hybrid identities.
Students of this course will learn through concepts, scenarios, procedures, and hands-on labs on how to best plan and implement migration and operation of an SAP solution on Azure. You will receive guidance on subscriptions, create and scale virtual machines, implement storage solutions, configure virtual networking, back up and share data, connect Azure and on-premises sites, manage network traffic, implement Azure Active Directory, secure identities, and monitor your solution.
After completing the Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads (AZ-120T00-A) course, students will be able to:
- Migrate and SAP HANA, S/4HANA, SAP NetWeaver to Azure
- Leverage Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and Resource Manager
- Use intersite connectivity features including VNet Peering and VNet-to-VNet connections
- Work with Azure Active Directory (AAD) and Azure AD Connect
Module 1: Introduction
- Contains an overview of the SAP and Microsoft partnership.
Module 2: Foundations of SAP on Azure
- Contains brief lessons on Azure compute, Azure storage, Azure networking, SAP HANA for Azure (Large Instances), identity services, governance and manageability, backup and data protection services, and migration services.
Module 3: SAP Certified Offerings on Azure
- Contains lessons on general prerequisites (SAP support in public cloud environments), deployment options of Azure for SAP workloads, SAP product-specific support for Azure, operating System support of Azure for SAP workloads, storage support of Azure for SAP workloads, networking support for SAP, database support for SAP, high availability and disaster recovery support for SAP, and monitoring requirements for SAP.
- Lab: Online Lab: Implementing Linux clustering on Azure VMs
- Lab: Online Lab: Implementing Windows clustering on Azure VMs
Module 4: SAP on Azure Reference Architecture
- Contains lessons on SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB, SAP S4 HANA, and SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances) on Azure VMs.
Module 5: Planning for Implementing SAP Solutions on Azure
- Contains lessons on Azure VM compute, network, and storage considerations. As well as Azure VM high availability and disaster recovery, Azure VM backup considerations, Azure VM monitoring considerations, Azure VM security considerations, and Azure VM authentication and access control considerations.
Module 6: Planning for Migrating SAP Workloads to Azure
- Contains lessons on strategies for migrating SAP systems to Microsoft Azure and SAP a workload planning and deployment checklist.
Module 7: Implementing Azure VM-based SAP Solutions
- Contains lessons on Azure VM deployment methodologies, single-instance implementations (2-tier or 3-tier), implementing HA SAP NetWeaver with AnyDB on Azure VMs, implementing HA SAP HANA on Azure VMs, configure the Azure Enhanced Monitoring Extension for SAP, and implementing AD and Azure AD-based authentication.
Module 8: Module 8-Deploying HANA Large Instances (HLI)
- Contains a lesson on implementing HANA Large Instances (HLI).
Module 9: Migrating SAP Workloads to Azure
- Contains lessons on migration options, DMO methodologies, cloud migration options, and Very Large Database Migration to Azure.
- Lab: Online Lab-Implement SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Linux
- Lab: Online Lab-Implement SAP architecture on Azure VMs running Windows
Module 10: Maintaining SAP on Azure
- Contains lessons on, remote management, performing backups and restores, OS and workload updates, vertical and horizontal scaling, and Disaster Recovery (DR).
Module 11: Monitoring and Troubleshooting SAP on Azure
- Contains lessons on monitoring Azure VMs, monitoring SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances), and integrating SAP solutions with Microsoft cloud services.
The Planning and Administering Microsoft Azure for SAP Workloads (AZ-120T00-A) course are for Azure Administrators who migrate and manage SAP solutions on Azure. Azure Administrators manage the cloud services that span storage, networking and compute cloud capabilities, with a deep understanding of each service across the full IT lifecycle.
They take end-user requests for new cloud applications and make recommendations on services to use for optimal performance and scale, as well as provision, size, monitor and adjust as appropriate. This role requires communicating and coordinating with vendors. Azure Administrators use the Azure Portal and as they become more proficient they use PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
- Administrators and architects of Azure solutions for SAP should possess solid knowledge of SAP Applications, SAP HANA, S/4HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP BW, OSÂ Servers for SAP Applications and Databases.
- Prior to taking this course, it is recommended that students to have taken the Azure Administrator (AZ-103) or Azure Solutions Architect (AZ-300) training, as well as SAP HANA and Linux training.