The DEV401 – Building Applications with Force.com course provides App Developers with an in-depth understanding of how to use the declarative capabilities of the force.com platform to create custom Applications and Visualforce pages to customize interfaces. This course provides the foundation for developers who need to know how to leverage these capabilities for rapid development and to prepare for learning Force.com code (Apex) and Visualforce page controllers.
When you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Build and customize multi-user cloud applications with just clicks
- Define an application’s data model
- Customize the user interface
- Create advanced workflows and validation rules
- Automate business processes
- Manage your data
- Modify the user interface with Visualforce pages
Designing Applications on Force.com
- Data Model and Navigation
- Help & Training
- Learn about factors to consider when building a data model
- Develop custom objects and fields, encrypted fields, field help, field history tracking.
- Use master-detail, lookup, and many-to-many relationships
- Create a user interface for custom applications using the custom object tab, page layout, and customization options.
- Set field attributes on the page layout.
- Use custom object queues and event-based workflow rules with field update actions.
- Develop custom formulas and validation rules
Designing Applications for Multiple Users
- Learn about factors to consider when designing applications for multiple users.
- Create profiles, understand what a profile controls (including data access), and customize profiles to manage the user experience.
- Create and customize permission sets to manage the user experience.
- Customize the user experience with record types and page layouts
- Control access to records.
- Employ organization-wide defaults (OWDs), sharing rules and levels, roles, public groups and manual share
- Apply profiles, OWDs, role hierarchy and sharing to restrict access to sensitive data.
- Apply OWDs, public groups and manual sharing to create conditional access to data
- Analyze suitability of field-level security, page layouts and record types to satisfy business requirements.
Implementing Business Processes
- Use the VLOOKUP, REGEX, ISCHANGED, ISNEW, and PRIORVALUE functions to build business processes.
- Use validation rules to enforce a conditionally required behaviour
- Use functions to enforce data format and data consistency
- Implement multi-step approval workflows and escalations to automate business processes.
- Create parallel approval processes and approval processes dynamic approval routing.
- Use outbound messages as part of an approval process
- Establish approval process criteria with cross-object formulas
- Set up field history tracking to audit processes.
- Learn techniques to prevent or record data changes
- Learn when and how to use upsert
- Use data management tools and the capabilities of API-based tools
- Use the Force.com data loader to create mapping files and to upsert data
- Learn about the capabilities of Force.com pages
- Incorporate Force.com pages into Salesforce CRM
- Construct expression bindings and incorporate Salesforce CRM into Force.com pages with components
- Use Force.com pages components to create page layouts, input forms, output tables, custom components, and more
- Learn about the functionality that comes with Force.com pages of standard controllers
- Find out when Force.com code is required for creating custom controllers or extensions
- Computer Software Engineers
- Application Developers
The prerequisites include a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality and completion of the following online courses, which are available at www.salesforce.com or for salesforce.com customers, right from the Help site in Salesforce: