In this three days course, you will learn about FortiSwitch when managed by FortiGate using FortiLink. You will also learn about the most common FortiSwitch stack topologies, including those that leverage multichassis link aggregation group (MCLAG) for redundancy and higher performance.
You will also learn about FortiSwitch in standalone mode, its unique features, and how to manage a standalone switch directly or from FortiSwitch Cloud.
This course also covers the deployment and troubleshooting of Layer 2 and Layer 3 features available on FortiSwitch.
In interactive labs, you will explore the administrative tasks necessary to deploy, provision, and manage FortiSwitch. You will also explore advanced deployment topologies, such as FortiGate full mesh high availability (HA) with MCLAG, to showcase the full potential of FortiSwitch.
- FortiGate 6.4.6
- FortiSwitch 6.4.6
- FortiAnalyzer 6.4.5
- FortiManager 6.4.5
- FortiAuthenticator 6.1.1
After completing this course, candidates should be able to:
- Explore the FortiSwitch portfolio and identify the supported management modes
- Describe and deploy FortiSwitch in managed switch mode (FortiLink mode)
- Understand Ethernet switching, VLANs, link aggregation (LAG), MCLAG, and Layer 2 discovery
- Identify the most common FortiSwitch topologies when deploying FortiSwitch in managed switch mode
- Understand Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Rapid Spanning Tree protocol (RSTP), and Multiple Spanning Tree protocol (MSTP) operation and configuration, as well as other loop protection features
- Describe and configure Layer 2 security to filter unwanted traffic and perform antispoofing
- Configure Layer 2 authentication using 802.1.X, and leverage 802.1X to assign dynamic VLANs to endpoints
- Implement advanced features to increase port density, control network access, forward multicast traffic more effectively, and quarantine compromised devices
- Prioritize traffic on FortiSwitch by using QoS marking, queuing, and rate limiting features
- Simplify endpoint deployment by using Link Layer Discovery Protocol-Media Endpoint Discovery (LLDP-MED)
- Share FortiSwitch ports across different VDOMs using multi-tenancy
- Monitor FortiSwitch using SNMP, sFlow, and flow sampling
- Describe the most useful troubleshooting tools available on FortiSwitch
- Managed Switch
- Switch Fundamentals
- Layer 2 Design
- Layer 2 Security
- Advanced Features
- Standalone Switch
- This course is intended for networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of FortiSwitch devices used to provide secure network access to endpoints.
Basic knowledge in networking
Understanding of layer 2 switching
Understanding of the topics covered in the following courses:
- NSE 4 FortiGate Security
- NSE 4 FortiGate Infrastructure