In this course, IoT Essentials: Sales & Technical Training, we’ll dive into Cisco’s high-level strategy and vision for IoT, and explore the underlying guiding principles which will help you in your customer engagements as you become an advisor in their IoT journey. In addition, we will explore the IoT Portfolio, where we cover ‘what to sell’ with a high-level overview of Cisco’s entire landscape of offerings for the infrastructure, applications, and resources that serve as the building blocks for your customers’ IoT solutions. Finally, we will break down the ‘where to sell’ question. The student will learn how, as a Cisco Partner, to create awareness of how you can help your customer navigate their IoT journey. You will be able to position yourself and your organization to support your customers in their IoT journey by leveraging Cisco’s Portfolio of IoT products, solutions, and services.
This course will help prepare the student to take the 700-825 exam.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand the guiding principles to help in the customer engagements.
- Understand an overview of the Cisco IoT product offerings.
- Understand how to assist customers in their IoT journey.
IoT Portfolio Overview
- Delivering Value Now
- Industrial Switching Portfolio
- Industrial Routing Portfolio
- Industrial Wireless Portfolio
- Industrial Security Portfolio
- Cisco DNA & Intent-based Networking
- Cisco Industrial Network Director
- IOx and Edge Computing
- Kinetic Portfolio
- DevNet Resources
Sales Play: Extended Enterprise Opportunity
- Extended Enterprise Opportunity
- Sales Plays and Use Cases
- Key Takeaways
Sales Play: Remote and Mobile Assets Opportunity
- Remote and Mobile Assets Opportunity
- Customer Use Cases
Sales Play: Industry Solutions Opportunity
- Opportunities with Industry Plays
- Manufacturing Sales Plays
- Transportation and Roadways Plays
- Oil and Gas Plays
- Utilities Sales Plays
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Individuals preparing for the Cisco IoT Essentials for Account Managers (700-825) exam.
This course has no formal prerequisites, but it is recommended that students have the following:
- Experience with and interest in working with customers to determine, measure, and deliver business outcomes through the implementation of technology.
- Time spent in a customer facing role, including technical sales, system engineering, or similar will be especially helpful.