This three-day ISO27001:2013 Information Security Foundation course overviews the recently revised version of 2013. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 builds upon established foundations as the most widely recognized international standard specifically aimed at information security management. The adoption of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a strategic decision driving the coordination of operational security controls across all of the organizations electronic and physical information resources.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is an international standard that provides the basis for effective management of confidential and sensitive information, and for the application of information security controls. It enables organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practices in Information Security management. Conformance with the standard requires a commitment to continually improve control of confidential and sensitive information, providing reassurance to sponsors, shareholders, and customers alike.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 is the formal specification and defines the requirements for an ISMS, which includes:
- ISMS planning, support and operational requirements
- Leadership responsibilities
- Performance evaluation of the ISMS
- Internal ISMS audits
- ISMS improvement
- Control objectives and controls
ISO27001:2013 Information Security Foundation course will ensure delegates understand the value to the business of the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard. There is an in-depth review of the key concepts and activities needed to properly plan for the implementation, management, and improvement of an Information Security Management System. The course also ensures a thorough understanding of associated activities, roles, responsibilities, challenges, risks, and critical success factors:
- Best practice in Information Security Management and how to apply this within your organization
- Scope and purpose of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard and how it can be implemented within an organization
- Understand the key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001 to effectively roll out the principles
- Leverage the fundamental ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS to address the need to continually improve
- Recognize the purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology
Module 1 â€“ Course overview and introduction
Module 2 â€“ Overview and vocabulary
Module 3 â€“ ISO/IEC 27001 requirements
Module 4 â€“ Information risk management
Module 5 â€“ ISO/IEC 27001 controls
Module 6 â€“ ISMS implementation
Module 7 â€“ ISMS audit and certification
Although there is no mandatory requirement, ideally candidates should have at least two years of professional experience working within IT Service or Security Management. The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Foundation would suit candidates working in the following professions or areas:
- Â· Both IT and business people will benefit from this course
- Â· Those requiring a basic understanding of the Information Security
- Â· IT professionals or others working within an organization that is aligned or planning to be aligned with the ISO/IEC 27000 suite of standards
- Â· Anyone involved in or contributing to an on-going service improvement program
- Â· The Information Security Foundation is open to all individuals who may have an interest in the subject
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals, or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.
There is no prerequisite for attending this course. It is strongly recommended that candidates should have a good understanding of security management.