The ITIL Foundation Training course helps you prepare for the foundation level course of the ITIL certification. This certification is a mandatory requirement for all other levels within the certification scheme.
This official ITIL Foundation certification course provides you with a general overview of the IT Service Management Lifecycle which is outlined in ITILâ€™s five core books â€“ Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. ITILâ€™s â€śservice lifecycleâ€ť consists of 26 processes and four functions.
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITILâ€™s certification program
- ITILâ€™s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITILâ€™s â€śservice-driven lifecycleâ€ť approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what â€śprocess integrationâ€ť and â€śbusiness integrationâ€ť really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
The course prepares you for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. This certification is the prerequisite for the Intermediate and Expert levels of ITIL certification.
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.
There are no mandatory prerequisites, however it is recommended that you read through the ITIL Foundation syllabusÂ prior to the start of the course. Work experience in IT services is recommended.