This hands-on three-day course teaches and equips individuals to define, facilitate and lead Lean IT Kaizen improvement initiatives. The course teaches students how to effectively use the Six Sigma DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) improvement model leveraging the Lean A3 problem identification and planning tool to complete a full improvement cycle. This certification course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and methodology required to identify, plan and implement incremental service and process improvements focused on improving the efficiency and effectiveness of any process or value stream. It also prepares you for the Lean IT Association Kaizen certification exam.
The Guide has been written by leading industry experts and is part of the Lean IT Association (LITA) stream of courses. This training event is designed to prepare candidates to manage improvements in a controlled and structured way using the Lean IT approach. Examinations are available during the event for candidates to achieve the Kaizen level certification.
This three-day course leads to the Lean IT Kaizen certification. During the course delegates will get the opportunity to prepare for the exam and utilize our extensive database of practice questions. This course will enable delegates to be a highly effective Lean Kaizen Lead.
During the course you will:
- Understand Lean principles related specifically to leading a Kaizen event
- Understand how to apply the Lean A3 tool to support continual improvement
- Gain practical how-to knowledge of how to use of the Six Sigma DMAIC improvement model as a structured improvement methodology
- Learn about improvement scoping and validation
- Learn how to gain the voice of customer input and establish critical to quality requirements
- Learn how to apply and use Value Stream Mapping (VSM) techniques to identify process waste and speed improvement opportunities
- Understand how to use root cause analysis techniques to support problem analysis
- Learn how to identify, select and use various improvement options
- Understand how to establish effective controls
- Understand how to establish methods to improve quality and mistake proof future process activities
The course is designed for IT practitioners interested in expanding their practical knowledge and skills to lead targeted Lean improvement initiatives focused on continual service improvement, including:
- Managers tasked with department level process improvements
- Business analysts
- Project managers
- Software developers
- Quality assurance managers
- IT Consultants
- Any roles responsible for quality, efficiency and continual service improvement
The above list is a suggestion only; individuals may wish to attend based on their own career aspirations, personal goals, or objectives. Delegates may take as few or as many Intermediate qualifications as they require, and to suit their needs.