The Administration of IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances (WE421G) course is a three-day instructor-led training where you learn how to perform system administration tasks for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances.
- Describe the key use cases and architectural scenarios for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Perform administrative tasks on DataPower appliances by using the command-line interface (CLI), Web GUI, and XML Management Interface
- Download and upgrade the firmware on DataPower appliances
- Create and manage user accounts and domains
- Configure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to and from WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Use load balancer groups and clustering to ensure high availability of DataPower appliances
- Use service level monitoring and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to monitor the performance of a DataPower appliance
- Troubleshoot and debug services by using the problem determination tools, logs, and probes that are provided with the DataPower appliance
- Configure logging of messages to external locations
- Course introduction
- Initial setup
- Exercise: Exercise setup
- Managing firmware DataPower administration overview CLI administration
- Exercise: Using the CLI to manage DataPower appliances
- XML Management Interface
- Exercise: Using the XML Management Interface to manage DataPower appliances
- DataPower services overview Managing domains
- Exercise: Using role-based management (RBM) to enforce WebGUI access control
- Clustering and failover Troubleshooting
- Exercise: Using the troubleshooting tools to debug errors
- DataPower cryptographic tools and SSL setup OAuth overview and DataPower implementation \
- Exercise: Securing connections with SSL
- Configuration management
- Exercise: Managing configuration information
- Appliance management tools Logging and log targets
- Exercise: Logging to an external log system
- Service monitoring
- Course summary
This intermediate course is designed for administrators who install, manage and monitor IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. The course is also relevant for developers who configure service policies.
- Be familiar with networking protocols, security, and XML.
- Successful completion of the online course, Technical Introduction to WebSphere DataPower V5 (WBT) (VW406GB), is a prerequisite for this course.
- Each student must start this course with the DataPower baseline knowledge gained from attending the course (VW406GB).