The IBM MQ V8 Advanced System Administration (WM212G) course provides advanced skills course to technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for IBM MQ on distributed operating systems, or who provide support to others who administer IBM MQ.
This course is based on IBM MQ V8 but is also appropriate for students who support prior versions of WebSphere MQ.
- Course introduction
- Managing clients and connections
- Exercise: Configuring for shared conversations
- Securing IBM MQ channels with SSL and TLS
- Exercise: Securing channels with SSL
- Authenticating channels and connections
- Exercise: Implementing connection authentication
- Implementing an IBM MQ cluster
- Exercise: Configuring a basic IBM MQ cluster
- More troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Exercise: Handling messages on the dead-letter queue
- Exercise: Tracing message routes
- High availability
- Introduction to distributed publish/subscribe
- Exercise: Configuring distributed publish/subscribe
- Supporting JMS with IBM MQ
- Exercise: Administering JMS resources in IBM MQ
- Course summary
- Technical Professionals
- IBM Administrators
Before attending the WM212G – IBM MQ V8 Advanced System Administration (Distributed) course, you should have the skills that are required to complete basic IBM MQ system administration tasks in a distributed environment. These skills can be obtained through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM MQ V8 system administration courses for distributed operating systems, IBM MQ V8 System Administration (using Windows for labs) ((WM207G) or IBM MQ V8 System Administration (Using Linux for Labs) (WM209G).