This 2-day course uses lectures and hands-on lab exercises to give participants real-time experience in setting up and configuring the BIG-IP® Advanced Firewall Manager system.
Students are introduced to the AFM user interface, stepping through various options that demonstrate how AFM is configured to build a network firewall and to detect and protect against DoS (Denial of Service) attacks. Reporting and log facilities are also explained and used in the course labs.
Further Firewall functionality and additional DoS facilities for DNS and SIP traffic are discussed.
- Configuration and management of the BIG-IP AFM system
- AFM Network Firewall concepts
- Network firewall options and modes
- Network firewall rules, policies, address/port lists, rule lists and schedules
- IP Intelligence facilities of dynamic black and white lists, IP reputation database and dynamic IP shunning
- Detection and mitigation of DoS attacks
- Event logging of firewall rules and DoS attacks
- Reporting and notification facilities
- DoS Whitelists
- DoS Sweep/Flood
- DNS Firewall and DNS DoS
- SIP DoS
- Port Misuse
- Network Firewall iRules
- Various AFM component troubleshooting commands