This FortiSIEM course is a three-day instructor-led training, where you will learn how to use FortiSIEM, and how to integrate it into your network awareness infrastructure.
You will learn about initial configurations, architecture, and the discovery of devices on the network. You will also learn how to collect performance information and aggregate it with Syslog data to enrich the overall view of the health of the environment. Additionally, you will learn how you can use the configuration database to greatly facilitate compliance audits.
Product Version: FortiSIEM 5.2
This course prepares you for the FortiSIEM Specialist exam. The NSE 5 Network Security Analyst certification requires passing at least two NSE 5 Specialist exams. Learn more about the NSE 5 certification.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
- Identify business drivers for using SIEM tools
- Describe SIEM and PAM concepts
- Describe key features of FortiSIEM
- Understand how collectors, workers, and supervisors work together
- Work with multitenancy
- Configure notifications
- Create new users and custom roles
- Describe the discovery process
- Enable devices for discovery
- Understand when to use agents
- Perform real-time, historic, and structured searches
- Group and aggregate search results
- Examine performance metrics
- Create custom incident rules
- Edit existing, or create new, reports
- Configure and customize the dashboards
- Export CMDB information
- Introduction to FortiSIEM
- SIEM Concepts
- PAM Concepts
- FortiSIEM Analytics
- CMDB Lookups and Filters
- Group By and Aggregation
- Incidents and Notification Policy
- Reports and Dashboards
- Maintaining and Tuning
A basic understanding of network concepts.