In OWASP Top 10 Bootcamp course you will learn about the most common security risks for web applications (OWASP Top 10). Find out how to identify and exploit general vulnerabilities in applications, and how to fix existing holes and prevent new ones from occurring.
After successfully completing the OWASP Top 10 Bootcamp course, you will:
- Recognize the causes behind and the consequences of common coding errors and mistakes
- Understand the methods for discovery and exploitation of these issues
- Understand the basic practices that help prevent the most common mistakes and lead to more secure software
This training follows the structure of the OWASP Top 10 list of the most critical web application security risks. For each risk, it provides its description, common examples of vulnerabilities and ways the attackers can use to exploit them, and explains the potential consequences of a successful attack.
Basic guidance on how to avoid each risk is also provided, which is delivered in engaging, seminar-style lecture format with hands-on lab exercises for you to complete. This hands-on approach keeps you engaged and ensures the knowledge transfer of critical secure coding techniques.
The OWASP Top 10 Boot Camp features several hands-on labs, that includes:
- Exploiting SQL injection
- Attacking authentication
- Cross-site scripting exploitation
- Source code auditing
- CMS identification
- Attacking web services
- Client-side attacks
- Open-source analysis & Google hacking
- Exploiting web application with w3a
OWASP Top 10 course applies to a broad audience. Primarily designed for professionals whose job function includes creating web applications, it will also be highly beneficial for other IT and information security professionals, as well as managers who want to know more about web application security risks and what they mean to an organization.