The IRBIZ – Incident Response for Business Professionals training course covers incident response methods and procedures are taught in alignment with industry frameworks such as the US National Cyber Incident Response Plan – NCISP, and Presidential Policy Directive – PPD, 41 on Cyber Incident Coordination Policy.
This course is ideal for candidates who work with Managing Compliance, State Legislation and Other Regulatory Requirements regarding incident response, and for executing standardised responses to such incidents. It also introduces procedures and resources to comply with legislative requirements regarding incident response.
The IRBIZ training helps you prepare for the CIR-110 exam (CertNexus Incident Responder Credential). What you learn and practice in this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
In this course, you will understand, assess and respond to security threats and operate a system and network security analysis platform. You will:
- Explain the importance of best practices in preparation for incident response
- Given a scenario, execute the incident response process
- Explain general mitigation methods and devices
- Assess and comply with current incident response requirements
Lesson 1: Assessment of Information Security Risks
- Topic A: The Importance of Risk Management
- Topic D: IntegratingDocumentation into Risk Management
Lesson 2: Response to Cybersecurity Incidents
- Topic A: Deployment of Incident Handling and Response Architecture
- Topic B: Containment and Mitigation of Incidents
- Topic C: Preparation for Forensic Investigation as a CSIRT
Lesson 3: Investigating Cybersecurity Incidents
- Topic A: Use a Forensic Investigation Plan
- Topic B: Securely Collect and Analyse Electronic Evidence
- Topic C: Follow Up on the Results of an Investigation
Lesson 4: Complying with Legislation
- Examples of Legislation (if this is covered in the above topics, no need to include here) GDPR, HIPPA, Elections
- Case study: Incident Response and GDPR (Using GDPR legislation, create a response that is compliant with it –this could be discussion-based activity as well.)
- StateLegislation Resources and Example
- Search terms to find state legislation
- Using NYS as an example use the NYS Privacy Response act or other legislation to create a similar case study as previous.
- Provide answers on when to use federal versus state and do you have to follow both?
This course is designed primarily for IT leaders and company executives who are responsible for complying with incident response legislation. This course focuses on the knowledge, resources, and skills necessary to comply with incident response and incident handling process requirements.
General understanding of cybersecurity concepts.