System Operations on AWS is a course designed for Systems Administrators or Developers Operations (DevOps) in order to consolidate knowledge in automatable and repeatable creation and deployment of networks and systems on the AWS platform.Â The course covers common techniques used throughout the industry for configuring and deploying systems. Attendees will learn how to use standard AWS infrastructure such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), AWS Cloud Formation to produce stacks of AWS resources and deploy and monitor Amazon EC2 instances.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Use standard AWS infrastructure features such as Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Elastic Load Balancing, and Auto Scaling from the command line
- Use AWS CloudFormation and other automation technologies to produce stacks of AWS resources that can be deployed in an automated, repeatable fashion
- Build functioning virtual private networks with Amazon VPC from the ground up using the AWS Management Console
- Deploy Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot the most common problems with instances
- Monitor the health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services
- Manage user identity, AWS permissions, and security in the cloud
- Manage resource consumption in an AWS account using tools such as Amazon CloudWatch, tagging, and Trusted Advisor
- Select and implement the best strategy for creating reusable Amazon EC2 instances
- Configure a set of Amazon EC2 instances that launch behind a load balancer, with the system scaling up and down in response to demand
- Edit and troubleshoot a basic AWS CloudFormation stack definition
- System Operations on AWS Overview
- Networking in the Cloud
- Computing in the Cloud
- Storage and Archiving in the Cloud
- Monitoring in the Cloud
- Managing Resource Consumption in the Cloud
- Configuration Management in the Cloud
- Creating Scalable Deployments in the Cloud
- Creating Automated and Repeatable Deployments
- This course is intended for System Administrators and Software Developers, especially those in a Developer Operations (DevOps) role.
The attendees should have done the AWS Technical Essentials course prior to this one and should have a background in either software development or systems administration. Itâ€™s also recommended that the individuals have some experience with maintaining operating systems at the command line (cmd or PowerShell in Windows, shell scripting in Linux) and basic knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP).