The UMTS Core Network course is a four-day instructor-led training that provides in-depth knowledge about UMTS Core Network evolution, from Release 3, better known as Release â€™99, to Release 7. After a traffic source (client signals) characterization, this course analyzes Core Network architectures and its network elements. Moreover, call establishment procedures are described. Finally, QoS issues are discussed.
Practical activities include the use of traffic generators and analyzers to simulate live network conditions. Laboratory sessions are supported by signal flow analysis.
- Voice, Video and Data services
- MSC-Server and Media Gateway
- 3G-SGSN and GGSN
- HLR, FNR and SCP
- RANAP procedures
- ATM and Ethernet interfaces
- Call Control and Bearer Control
- Q.AAL2 for ATM PVC
- Transcoder Free Operation
- OoBTC via BICC and SIP-I Trunks
- H.248 implementation
- Nb over IP migration
- CES services and VoIP Trunking
- SIGTRAN Signaling Gateway
- PSTN interworking
- Multi APN sessions
- Multi PDP sessions
- Transport over SDH and OTN network
- 4G migration
- Personnel working for Network Operators who are involved in UMTS network implementation, operation, and maintenance.
- TLC networks basic understanding.